Friday, April 27, 2007

Hooray For Spring!

Hooray for Spring! Last night, as I was relaxing in my lawn chair for a bit, surveying the results of my hard work that day (de-thatching & raking the lawn), I was suddenly overwhelmed with joy...winter is gone! Sure we may see a snowfall here or there yet, but WINTER IS GONE! My perennials are poking through the dirt and treebuds are starting to swell. I can't help but feel like new life is sprouting in me, too. It's been a rough winter. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I had strep throat in mid-February, and battled variations of that for nearly a month, and it always worsened when I had a busy day/weekend. Last week, I struggled with laryngitis, which seems to be almost cleared up. This week, just sinus issues, which I can even pass off as allergies since I've been working outside a fair bit. I've been feeling better in the last couple of weeks, but something is still lingering, I fear, and am still very tired. Going to see my doctor today. Wonder if this time there will be any proof that it isn't all in my head.
Anyway didn't mean to bring the mood down! I went to a nursery yesterday, eager to start dreaming and planning and spending a $50 gift certificate I received. They were just getting organized, and I felt a little like they didn't really appreciate me there right now. So I will have to wait a little longer. I have to try to restrain myself this year; last year I went a little crazy. But this year I want to invest in some new pots, and it's apalling how much I'm being asked to pay for the really nice ones. We are planning to build our deck this summer, so I would like to have some pots for that, too. Can you tell I'm really into gardening? Last Spring, I posted How Can You Tell I'm New At This? and if you're looking for a little more "inspiration" check it out.

No comments: