Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Pot Party, Anyone?

I get a kick out of one of our local greenhouses advertising 'pot party' Tuesdays and Thursdays! I wonder if they ever get people showing up who thought it might be something entirely different than planting flowers and greeneries into beautiful ceramic pots. Does sound like fun though...the planting flowers, I mean.

I mentioned in my last post that I wanted to buy some new pots this year to adorn my yard & (future) deck with, and that I was finding them to be ridiculously expensive. Well, yesterday I paid $19 for a ceramic pot - which is not too bad - unless of course you bought it because you broke it, then it's a little more painful. I had just dropped my kids off at school and thought I would just check out the nursery nearby. I wanted to see if they'd gotten more shrubs & trees in so I walked around outside a bit, but the cold wind took the joy out of it for me and I decided to head home. As I left the parking lot, I was sure I had enough room to clear the display of ceramic pots in front of my van, but apparently not. I guess I should be glad I only broke one. To add insult to injury, I was not really dressed for this occasion. I had thrown on some dirty mismatched clothes, pulled my bed-head mop into a ponytail, and wiped the smudged mascara from under my eyes as I ran out the door to deliver my kids to school on time. My decision to stop at the nursery was under the assumption that I would just be looking around, outside, where I likely would not run into anyone, and not be purchasing anything so no human interaction was required. Well, after my little mishap, I had to go in to make restitution, but nobody was at the counter for a while. So, while I waited for a clerk, people started trickling in, and I was getting more and more fearful that I would soon be discovered by someone I knew. Low and behold, a school bus full of Kindergartners from my son's school shows up, and I knew the teacher and several of the moms who were chaperoning the field trip! At least this entourage brought out the staff and I finally was able to pay for the smashed pot and beat a path out of there. This time, I went straight home.

1 comment:

wm said...

That IS FUNNY!!! I hate it when I'm out and about and don't want to see anyone, but those are ALWAYS the times that you meet a dozen people who will walk away wondering if everythings alright, or if they should maybe call someone for me. HA!