Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I Love My Kids!

At the dinner table tonight, there was the usual banter as my three ravenous children are filling their plates. The oldest was also dishing out some light-hearted teasing, as seems to be his specialty since entering the teenage years, and it was getting annoying - like an unending "you are too!""am not!" discussion. I finally interjected.

"Must you be so relentless with your younger brothers?"

Middle child, true to his kind, offers this defense for his older brother:

"On the road to manhood, he must beat a rough path."

To which we all had a good laugh and got down to the business of eating. Did I mention middle child is 11?

*******************

I got the message today. The one that most mothers of my shape & size will eventually get from one of their beloved offspring who are oblivious to the fact that they are at least part of the reason why their moms carry a little extra weight on their frames. Upon seeing a TV commercial on TV for a local weightloss clinic, my youngest lovingly suggested that maybe I should try their program out. I looked at him and he quickly added, "Not that I think you're fat or anything!" I decided to let him live another day anyway.

1 comment:

wm said...

sheesh! I don't check blogs for a little while and you've gone blog crazy on me! Here I am expecting maybe one or two posts, and it's nuts! Your middle child is something else! I wonder what he'll be when he grows up? My Mickey thinks he's the best poet EVER and loves to hear him say poetry :)