Thursday, June 15, 2006

I think I'm addicted...

Since I was introduced to the world of blogging just a couple of weeks ago (thanx wm!), I have been sucked into the black hole of cyberspace! I can't help myself, I just keep clicking 'next blog' like some kind of junkie. Like the gambler, I am always hoping that 'the next one will be the payoff' - something in ENGLISH, that isn't about politics or World Cup Soccer. Fortunately, my kids and hubby jerk me back into the real world every now and then with questions like:
Are we gonna have supper any time soon?
Are you coming to bed tonight?
Did you accidentally crazy-glue your index finger to the mouse?
I am one who easily gets addicted to things--games, food, hobbies--usually nothing too dangerous (I thank God I never gave smoking an honest try!), and usually not for an extended amount of time. Probably because I do really care about people more. Herein lies the problem: there are a lot of people out there blogging about some serious issues, and I can't help but feel like they need me to listen! I think I am officially co-dependent. I've always suspected it, but now I'm convinced. I feel sorry for those who post for months & months, and never get any comments. Of course, not everyone that's out there blogging is looking for feedback, but what if they are? So, when I come across someone who seems like they are, I usually try to send them a friendly comment. Just doing my part to make the world a better place!

Well, I think I should get on with my day...groceries to buy, flowers to water, laundry to do, supper to plan...I should probably bake some cookies today, as my youngest reminded me that I said I would yesterday, with just a little guilt-trip dripping off the end. Sorry to all my fellow bloggers out there, but today my little one needs me to be the hero and bake some cookies, so hopefully someone else will read your posts and make your day! See, I can quit anytime I want...